I'll try not to over-post pictures of the grandkids...
The dress Hanna is wearing is one I made her for her first birthday last fall. It was too big until now. It has elk and deer on it, and looks very cute on her.
They don't have a cat at home, so this was a new experience for her.
Hanna and her dolly sit in Logan's bouncy chair.
After I got dinner started in the solar cooker and Becky's kids were asleep for their naps, she and I went kayaking.
"What do you do with these things anyway?" ponders the cat.
When we got back, Steven was laying on the floor of the uhaul reading a book, and he had moved Logan to the floor on one of the beanbag chairs. It was around 90 degrees outside, and it was reasonable cool on the uhaul floor.
Odie searches for lizards to chase.
Becky and I went for a walk along the rocky shoreline. The cat accompanied us and checked out holes and tunnels.
Odie likes to swim out and get sticks from the water.
The cat looks...comfortable?
Like I said above, after breakfast Steven and I went out in our kayaks. We paddled northeast along the shore to the place where we camped when we first came down to Nevada in February. Steven stayed on the beach but I walked up to our campsite and stood there for a little while. It was a nice site, although more than twice as far from the water as where we are now. That matters when you're carrying a kayak up and down it, scrambling over rocks and plodding through the sand!
Like I said above, after breakfast Steven and I went out in our kayaks. We paddled northeast along the shore to the place where we camped when we first came down to Nevada in February. Steven stayed on the beach but I walked up to our campsite and stood there for a little while. It was a nice site, although more than twice as far from the water as where we are now. That matters when you're carrying a kayak up and down it, scrambling over rocks and plodding through the sand!
We paddled back to camp. In the afternoon when both her kids were asleep, Becky and I paddled over there too, and I showed her the site. The wind came up and the water was choppy as we paddled back. This was Becky's first time in a kayak, so it was quite an initiation to kayaking! When we got back to our beach we swam around in the water for a little while.
The wind stayed steady all evening, so we didn't have a campfire tonight. Steven and I had a campfire this morning while we were waiting for Becky to wake up. We let her and her kids have the bed in the uhaul and we slept outside. We made our hot chocolate with the one-burner propane stove, outside on the picnic table, and sat by our fire to drink it. It wasn't real cold, it was just nice to have a fire and we have an unlimited supply of driftwood.
No comments:
Post a Comment