Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Before the Adventure began!

I look at the uhaul, sitting there in the cold and snow, and dream of warm, sunny days to come.
I won't have to wait until spring, if all goes as planned.
Hopefully, around the end of the first week of February, we'll be heading to southern Nevada.

We finally got the floor boards laid. In this picture he had just finished cutting the last board and was changing from boots to slippers to keep the floor dry.
There was over a foot of snow on the ground outside!
He had to sweep snow off the picnic table to cut the wafterboard sub-flooring.
The metal floor was SO cold, and the waferboard and (soon) linoleum will help keep
the floor warmer.

Back in early November Steven framed the inside, I put insulation in, and DH put masonite over that on the ceiling. Then I painted the ceiling white.



Steven framed in the back and put a camper door in.
The double doors have been removed since this picture was taken.



This was right after Steven finished putting the windows in.


I painted the box brown back in October, and still need to do some striping or detail work on it. I'm thinking maybe stenciling pine trees and/or deer, bears, or some kind of rustic critters.

The cab part needs to be painted, but we're still deciding what we want

to do for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment