Friday, April 1, 2011

The Flower Garden

"Desert" means empty place.

But the Mojave Desert is anything but empty!

The land abounds with plants and animals.


Right now, the desert is in bloom.

If you're not into flowers, you can scroll past all this.

I don't know the names of all the plants.

Some of the plants look similar.

Some have flowers almost alike, but the leaves are different.

Some have similar leaves, but the flowers are different.




















(Oops, that IS a duplicate of the one above it!)






This is a Prickly Pear.

It's similar to the Beavertail, except it has long spines.


FLower buds on the Prickly Pear.










Flower buds on the Beavertail Cactus.

Notice it's like the prickly pear, but without the long spines.



Flower buds on Barrel Cactus.


I had a lot of distractions while uploading these pictures, so there are a couple of duplicates.

I had kids on I.M., and was trying to check emails and stuff.

I have to upload 5 pictures at a time, then 5 more, and so on.

So I lose track even with out the distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment