Monday, April 11, 2011

Wed. April 6, Las Vegas


It was windy today, but not howling wind like it does sometimes. We went to Las Vegas today because we had friends from Florida who were in town, and the next few days were to be howling wind and occasional rain. It was today or never, for meeting up with them.

It was neat to ride the motorcycle through downtown Las Vegas, along the 'strip', where the casinos are. I had an un-impeded view of everything! I just had to keep my weight balanced while Steven drove the motorcycle and I took pictures!

A close-up view. I'm guessing it's a restaurant?
This is at the north end of the strip, just starting into the casino district.



One of many very cool roller coasters in downtown Vegas.



Around it goes!



Caesar's Palace...one of the big ones.




Hard Rock Cafe



Pyramid and Sphinx...I don't remember the name of the place!



"New York, New York". It also has a roller coaster, which to can see behind and to the left of the replica of the Statue of Liberty.



Inside the "Orleans" casino. This picture dedicated to Barbara and Victor, the Star Wars fans!



This picture is dedicated to a good friend who is one of our biggest cheering sections! She (and her husband!) have a wonderful gift of encouragement. They're always eager to learn things, and often share very interesting tidbits of information with us. I love her emails, telling me not only about the birds coming to her feeder, but also what kind, as well as what other critters have been around lately! She loves to help me identify plants and animals, which I appreciate.

To Burma and Ron

We love you! (PS: Sorry this isn't a very exotic bird! It's the only one I got to stay still for a picture lately!)

No comments:

Post a Comment