Friday, April 1, 2011

Thurs. 3/31 Back on the lake!

We're camped on Lake Mead again!

There's our uhaul at our new site.

We're about a mile southwest of where we were before.

Jackrabbit on the hilltop. Probably taunting Odie!


Pirate-cat plans a mutiny!


Odie is "king of the hill"!


I put some cans of pop and bottles of tea in a nylon bag, then tied it to this willow and floated it in the water. After I took the picture I pushed it back under the bush some. The 62-degree water is cooler than the 85 to 90 air. Makes the drinks seem cold!

I started some Spanish Rice in the solar cooker. I used pre-cooked and dried rice and pinto beans, and dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, and olives. Then I put in a can of tomato paste and some taco seasoning. It was delicious.



We rigged up an awning, but only had a 6' by 8' tarp. So today when we came to town, we bought a larger tarp. We bought a brown one, so it's more "invisible"! The blue one really stands out!


The Willows are in blossom. They smell faintly of lilacs.


We played in our bay with our kayaks. I dangled my feet over each side.


Look close, you can see the uhaul on the shore.

This is taken from my kayak, out by those little Islands you can see in the pictures I took from the shore. Odie is that little speck on the point to the right of the uhaul, left of those bushes.

Standing on the little Island, looking back at "our" beach.
We watched to see if the cat would fall in the water. Then watched to see if the dog would push the cat in the water! Just kidding! The reflection in the water is nice.


Odie, carrying a stick in her mouth. It was funny, she was sitting on the bank a while earlier, dropping her ball from her mouth so it would roll down the bank into the water, then she'd run down and swim out and get it!


No cell service down the hill here, so I have to walk up to this knob to send and receive texts. You can see the uhaul down near the water.


Familiar sight? That's the Island we used to take pictures of from the old camp site. The late afternoon shadows always looked cool on it. It looks a bit different now, with some of the shoreline of this side of the lake visible.


Steven? What happened to you?

(ROTFL!)


The dog and I, wading. This is before we swam! The water has warmed up a lot.


Odie happily discovered lizards all over the rocks. She's the mighty lizard-hunter! But she's never caught one yet!


Um...duplicate picture? It's pretty, anyway!


Looking at and to the right of the uhaul, and then...


...at and to the left of the uhaul.


There's Steven, that dot in the middle, and the smaller dot below and to the left is the dog. This is from my cell phone rock!


At the very top of the hill, on the knob on top, is me, on my cell phone rock! Steven took this picture while I took the one above this!


The uhaul and 'our' bay, at sunset.


Sunset from the cell phone rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment