Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sat. Apr. 2, wave-surfing in kayaks

Sunrise. I like the clouds!

Sunrise. Right now the camper door opens this direction.
Sunrise, but looking south at the colors on the clouds from the sunrise.


The wind was calm this morning. Odie and I went wading.


By afternoon we had winds 25 to 35 mph.

We decided it was a good time to practice with the kayaks in the waves, but to stay close (somewhat, at least!) to shore.


I attached the video camera to my life jacket and made several videos, which I'm hoping to upload some of the better ones when we're somewhere with better internet. I'm grateful to the library system for the wifi they do have, because I can at least do this much, but I'll be glad to get back to my own wifi at home, available 24/7!


Driftwood is a danger in the water. These are just sticks, but sometimes there are tree limbs and other debris. They wash down from upriver in the snowmelt and floods, then float around here at the upper end of the lake. On the plus side, we always have firewood! We just have to pull it out and let it dry a couple days!


Without a cooler or refrigeration we're having to use powdered milk. Therefore we've drank a lot of hot cocoa, tea, and coffee. Finally...we just had to have some chocolate milk! It was pretty good, actually. Just not real cold.


The BeaverTail cactus are starting to bloom. There's a Joshua tree behind and to the right. It looks like a strange but small palm tree.


The Beavertail up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment