
In this hot weather the cat just sort of hangs in there...!

Odie and I wandered out onto this fin of rock, looking for adventure. She knows lizards are usually sunning themselves this time of day. She loves to chase them, but they're FAST!

Steven had to put a new tire on the rear of his bicycle. Here, he's adjusting the seat.

I walked up to my cell phone spot on the hill and took some pictures while I was up there. In the afternoon, the sun sparkles on the water.

The uhaul is next to me, to the right of where I'm standing. This is supposed to be a picture of the awesome color and sparkles on the water.

Steven took this picture of me reading a library book in my hammock chair, with some portable shade. (see my awesome suntan?)(Tristan, quit going "grrrrrr", it'll get sunny in Montana...someday!)

Well, I'm getting sloppy more and more. Here's the worn sidewall of Steven's tire. The loose gravel and rocks is hard on tires.

New tire on rear.

"Can I keep it, Steven? Huh? Please?"
This is a rare picture. Normally all we see is the flash as they dart for cover.
Thank goodness for quick shutter speeds!

Steven washed dishes. I did laundry. It's nice having all that lake water nearby.
I miss my washtubs, laundry plunger ("rapid washer", Lehmans.com), and hand-cranked wringer at home. But I've gotten stronger arm muscles wringing clothes the last couple months!
I got to thinking...I haven't bathed inside in almost 2 months, or washed dishes or laundry inside. We went 4 1/2 weeks without riding inside a vehicle when we first got here, going places on foot, bicycle, or motorcycle. Then we moved to the other spot by Overton (the wildlife area) and over by Mesquite for a week. Now we're back at the lake.
Let's see, what else? We cook outside a lot, often using the solar cooker (free cooking!) or a campfire. It just seems like it gets old putting it on this blog all the time. Same old, same old.
We're going to try to find something new and interesting to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment