Off-grid, no refrigeration luxury meal!
Our camp looks south, so the water close to shore was sheltered from the wind.
Farther out, you can see the choppy water.
She loves this because he rubs her down good while working the baking soda in,
then brushes her out. She practically purrs!
The baking soda does an exellent job. It works for about a week,
then we repeat the process.
I buy the baking soda in 14-lb bags at Costco, and it goes in that bucket you see.
We keep a copper measuring cup in the bucket.
It came in from the west and circled our north.
I took several pictures but never got the lightening in it.
The brief, heavy rain probably caused some flashflooding.
The brief, heavy rain probably caused some flashflooding.
Last summer the cat decided to bat it around and pulled off or damaged all the leaves.
It grew back, and then got partly frosted and partly mangled from traveling on the way to Nevada last month.
This is the original box. The reflector is folded and sitting on top.
Inside the box is the glass lid, the black metal inner bowl, and the glass outer bowl.
I left it sideways so the print will be bigger.
and I decided to plant a couple of them. I poked this one in across from the remaining-but-struggling cantaloupe plants.
I took this planter pot down near the water in a wash where there were green plants growing, and dug up some of the sand there. Back by the uhaul I planted a potato piece in it, but I didn't think to take a picture until after I buried it.
You'll have to wait for a picture of the plant when it comes up! :)
So far there's only potatoes and dehydrated peas in the solar cooker. Later I added dehydrated carrots, onions, and celery, some Rosemary and garlic powder, and a jar of venison chunks.
The cat was worn out from celebrating and singing "Happy birthday" loud enough to be heard from Nevada to Wisconsin. Happy birthday, Marge!
We left it to cook while we went on a hike. When we got home I made biscuits, and I thickened the broth of the stews, and we ate it all mixed together.
It was heavenly!
"29" looks as good on you this year as it did back in...um...yeah........
So he boiled water in an old food can to dip the thermostats in. He watched to see when they opened, so he could see which one was bad. He used a piece of wire to lower them into the water.
Then he opened it up and it has TWO thermostats!
Who's heard of that?
No comments:
Post a Comment