Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sat. 3/26 Ninja cat

The "wop wop wop" of helicopter blades sent us outside to gawk.

This flew over so fast I didn't have time to "telephoto" it, so that's the real image as we saw it.

Steven said it was military, with lots of firepower!

Nellis Air Force base isn't very far west of here.

In fact, sometimes the ground shakes and we can hear the rumble coming from

their bombing grounds.


We did camp chores today. Steven washed dishes at the folding picnic table.

I washed laundry in the 5-gallon bucket and rinsed in the 2-gallon bucket.

The dog supervised, since the cat was hiding somewhere!


The cat sweeps itself under the rug!


Odie decided to chew on some of the driftwood we brought from Stewart's point, while laying on the dead yucca leaves we gathered for fibers! Steven, watching for the dust trail indicating the pizza delivery guy was on the way! (One can dream... ha ha!) Evening shadows on the Virgin Mountains.
Ninja cat



The cat was batting at mosquitos!



One of the funny things about that is...who would've thought there are mosquitos

in the desert???



Sunset



Night falls over the desert.



I should put all these sunset pictures on one post!



Ninja cat was at it again.



The pictures just don't capture how hilarious it was to watch this!



The cat was whipping it's paws and jumping about like some old kung-fu movie!



Slowing down?



Now we're back-tracking, more than I thought!

These are from Steven's camera and I meant to put them on the post from yesterday!

This was out walk north of the uhaul!

That's me!

Me.

Inspecting a critter hole in the hill.



Me, on our walk.



"Where's my chew-toy...er, I mean, the dog?"



At it again!

The dog looks like it's laughing!



"I'll get you next time, you rascally dog!"



Texting Tristan.

The cell tower for Las Vegas is high on the ridge to our west, on the other side of Lake Mead.

It does a pretty good job covering way out here in the desert the other direction, too!

We went a whole week without direct human contact, out there 26 miles from other people.

But we still had phone and text contact with the kids!

Drats...is there no place to get away from them??? (Just kidding...the phone does have an "off" switch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment