Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving Day

I have lots to catch up, but I don't have lots of time today.
I should be able to get the rest posted tomorrow.
There's some good adventures to tell about.


Our campsite when we got up this morning.


Our camp a few hours later.

Since we weren't moving far, we just put the bicycles, lawn chairs, and our driftwood/firewood collection inside. We laid the solar panel up on the bed, which annoyed the cat.
If you enlarge the picture, you can see the cat toward the right, on the solar panel.


Odie gathered up a few of her favorite pieces of wood, and we put them in too!

We moved 14 miles, to a wildlife refuge 2 miles outside of Overton. It has free camping with a 8-day limit. Luxury camping...it has picnic tables at the sites, and an outhouse within reasonable walking/bicycling distance!

We unloaded the firewood, lawn chairs, and bicycles, then rode the bicycles in to town. It'll be dark soon, so being on bicycles we'll have to head back to camp soon, so I'll have to finish this tomorrow. Gas is $3.69 here, so I'm glad we won't even have to use the motorcycle for a few days, despite it's good gas mileage.

Our plans are to stay here a few days and get caught up on things in town, then move over toward Mesquite so we can do some coyote hunting for a week or so. Then we'll come back over here by the lake.

We're going to get some relief from the 80+ heat for a few days. It's going to cool into the 70s! Eat your heart out, Montanans!




No comments:

Post a Comment