Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb. 24, Thursday

"There's still something wrong. Check under the mattress. Make sure there isn't a pebble or something!" (The cat-princess and the pea) lol

"Anyone want to come out and play? Huh? Huh?"

"Not ,I" said the cat.

"Not I," said Susan.

Odie gives up and sits in the cat's usual place, surveying the kingdom.


I took the laundry (in the bucket) down by the lakeshore to wash.


Then strung a clotheline from the mirror of the uhaul, to the folding picnic table, and to the back of the uhaul. Then I hung the laundry. It was close to the ground, so I had fold the clothes over the line. And "someone's" motorcycle was in the way...


Steven got a thorn through a sidewall on one of his bicycle tires.


Patching the hole.


Shaking the sand out before airing it up.
I gotta admit...when I looked over and saw him doing that,
I grabbed for my camera.
"Helicopter Stevie!"

I started some sprouts today. We like alfalfa sprouts best, but this is a "salad mix" of beans and seeds. I soak them for about 12 hours, then drain them and put them in the sprouter. After that I rinse them twice a day while they grow.


Chili-making kit. Home-dried tomatoes, peppers, and onions, home-canned ground venison, olive oil, hate-to-admit-it store-bought kidney beans, tomato paste, chili powder, and garlic powder. Plus can-opener for the cans.


Into the solar cooker, stir it up, and set it in the reflector.
Because of the wind I had to put the solar cooker up close to the uhaul.
Later, I mixed up some cornbread, mixing it a bit on the dry side so it would cook well,
and I put it in with the chili to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment