We didn't leave Kalispell, Montana until Thursday morning.
We climbed into the uhaul with frosty-cold toes on a 15-degree morning, heavily overcast with light snow flurries.
Thank goodness the cab is very roomy!
Odie isn't a "pocket pooch" by any stretch of the imagination!
It's a huge lake, something like 30 miles north-to-south.
Okay, some of you who live on near the Great Lakes, don't dispute my size description!
Nothing of note about Polson. It's between Kalispell and Missoula.
I just want to sit in the warm sunshine down south and look back
at these snowy pictures!
Ham and cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate.
At a rest area about 20 miles east of Missoula.
Mountain House dehydrated beef stew. Leftover biscuits from home, cut open and fried in butter to thaw them out, since they froze in the uhaul!
The temperature was in the 20s while we cooked and ate.
When we woke up the next morning it was 8 degrees outside and 24 in the uhaul.
He suggested we could put a blanket up like a curtain to keep our body heat in the bed loft.
Thankfully, we had the staple gun and box of staples...and I was able to find them!
I stapled this red fleece blanket along the ceiling. In this picture I'm looking from propped up on my pillows. At the foot of the bed, on the left, is the box of plants. The white plastic bag behind and left of the lantern is the pepper plant, covered to keep in some of it's heat.
The four cases of pop are in the middle. I put the gallon jug of water on top, and the dozen eggs in a bag to it's right.
On the right, the green canvas bag and the white bucket under it are full of potatoes.
Against the wall on the far right is a case of Lipton green tea in bottles.
(Blue thing is bean-bag chair, tossed up there that morning)
I don't know how warm it was in there, but nothing froze. Although some of the leaves on the pepper plant got roughed up a bit being covered, they didn't freeze.
I pushed everything together in the middle of the bed after we got up, and insulated it with blankets and the two bean-bag chairs.
None of that are tracks. It's all from the wind.
This is impressive, that I drove this rig through this traffic, for a gal who lives near the end of a one-lane dirt road and who doesn't ride in a car more than a couple times a month, in normal times. I don't even SEE other cars besides ours and the neighbor's behind us, for weeks!
There's about a 100-mile stretch of "urban" area and heavy traffic,
from Ogden, Utah, through Salt Lake City, and down through Provo, Utah.
Beaver, Uah
2/3 of the way down the state.
No comments:
Post a Comment