Much calmer!
Friday afternoon...
...Monday morning!
If you look close, you can see the buildings at the foot of the mountains, in center of picture.
It's heavenly
This Desert Willow (not a true willow) has swollen buds just beginning to open.
When we're in boats, looking down into the water, I used to wonder what it would be like to walk on the bottom of the lake, or to swim among the rocks and plants like a fish.
My sprouts are in their "larval" stage, as I call it!
We take off so often on bicycle rides or hikes/wanderings that we've taken to just locking the solar panel to the trailer, so we don't have to put it inside while we're away from the uhaul.
In the last 10 years the lake level has dropped about 80'.
One might want to say that the people in California use too much
water to fill their swimming pools and water the grass, but
I'm sure there's a lot more to the story.
This is about the closest it gets. Where we're camped WAS the lake bottom not all that long ago. As you walk, you can see the swirls and eddies left in the mud when the water was receding.
In this picture, you can see shells among the rocks, and I can almost pretend that I'm covered with crystal-clear water, exploring the lake.
If only I could float and drift...
with the snow they got over the weekend.
I used telephoto. The gull wasn't THAT close to us!
Not with the dog bouncing around the yard by the uhaul!
I never forget, not for a minute, how lucky I am to be here.
I feel truly blessed.
I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment